What is Wood Badge?
Wood Badge is the highest and most advanced training course offered by the Boy Scouts of America, which is rich in Scouting history and tradition.
Participants will spend 6 full days and 4 nights learning modern leadership theories from contemporary scholars such as Ken Blanchard (author of the One Minute Manager series of books), Stephen R. Covey (author of The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People and Principle Centered Leadership), and Spencer Johnson (author of Who Moved My Cheese), to name a few.
When: August 24 – 26 and September 21 – 23, 2018
Where: Camp Three Falls
12260 Boy Scout Camp Rd
Frazier Park, CA 93225 United States
Sign up/Information: Wood Badge Website
How will I benefit?
- Make a positive difference in the quality of your Scouting program and the impact Scouting will hone the lives of its members.
- Be better prepared to give our youth the opportunity to live Scouting’s values to become a better citizen.
What are people saying?
- “I was taking techniques back to my Troop after the first weekend.”
- “The course gave me an opportunity to reflect on my leadership and what I am doing that is working and what I need to change.”
- “I took a lot from this course and plan to keep on learning and using this knowledge.”
- “It was the best training I have ever experienced. It was well worth the time and expense to attend.”
The Leadership Experience
- Learn by using leadership and team dynamics methods developed in corporate America
- Learn how to develop Scouting’s values in your own life, as well as in your Scout
- Have fun as a Scout for six days advancing from Cub Scouting through Venturing
- Learn how to apply the skills you learn as a member of a successful team to other aspects of your life
To attend Wood Badge, Scouters must:
- Be registered adult members of the Boy Scouts of America
- Have completed Basic Training for their registered Scouting position, or will do so prior to the course
- Be capable of functioning safely in an outdoor environment. All participants are required to complete the Annual Health and Medical Record (parts A, B and C)
To successfully complete Wood Badge, Scouters must:
- Attend and participate in BOTH weekends of the Wood Badge course
- Attend the mid-course patrol meetings
- Complete their Ticket within 18 months (by March 19, 2020)