Merit Badge Counselor Training
Date: Tuesday October 5
What does a Merit Badge Counselor do?
- They teach and guide youth to achieving Merit Badges
- They give insight into an area of study not covered in school and can lead to possible career interest in the field
- Log into my.scouting.org, click the Training tab, Scouts BSA, Merit Badge Counselor Orientation
What is a Merit Badge?
- Awards earned by youth members, based on activities and learning within an area of study
- Examples: Personal Management, Family Life, Fishing, Medicine, Leatherwork, and Reading
NEW: In-Person Orientation
If you would like this Merit Badge Counselor Orientation brought to your Troop or parent meeting, please contact Roger Olson via email.
What’s the next step?
- Contact Marc Bonner via email or at (562) 684-3163.