Cub, Scout, and Venturing Leader Specific Training
- Location: TBD
- Date: Saturday, November 5th, 8:00am – Noon
- Open to all Cub Scout, Scouts BSA, and Venturer leaders
- Cost: $10 in-council & $15 out-of- council
- Coffee, water, and light snacks will be served
What is Cub Leader Specific Training?
The course is designed to provide Cub Scout leaders with the basic information they need to successfully carry out the duties of their position. The Cub Scout Leader Position-Specific Training course brings together all of the basics of Cub Scout leadership into one course, with separate mini-modules to deal with position-specific topics (Den Leader, Cubmaster, and Pack Committee and Chair). Cub Leader Specific Training is a requirement to becoming a “Trained” Cub Scout Leader.
- Introduction to Cub Scouting
- Leader Specific Training Breakouts
- Preparing families for outdoor programs
- Keeping Cub Scouting safe
- Journey to Excellence
What is Scoutmaster Specific Training?
Scoutmaster-Specific Training introduces you to everything you need to know about running a Scouts BSA Troop, which is different from a Cub Scout Pack. In particular, you and your fellow adult leaders are now in more of a “mentor” position where your job is to help your youth members learn and practice leadership. While this training will not answer every single question you have, it is a great start. This course, combined with Youth Protection Training and the Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills (IOLS) course, will make you a “fully trained” Scouts BSA leader.
- Aims and Methods of Scouting
- Role of Scoutmaster and Assistant Scoutmaster
- The Patrol Method
- The Troop Meeting
- Many more topics
What is Venturing Leader Specific Training?
Venturing Leader Specific Training is designed to introduce Venturing crew leaders to the basic information needed to operate a crew. The course is divided into five sessions. Each session lasts about an hour.
- Here’s Venturing
- Understanding and Protecting Youth
- Leadership and Organization
- Awards and Recognitions
- Resources and Program Planning
For more info about Scoutmaster or Venturing Specific Training contact Michael Devine
For more info about Cub Leader Specific Training contact Aimee McCarty