Fall Popcorn is Here!
To date, these are the locations secured to sell popcorn. Please log in to the Trail’s End Website, follow the instructions below, and secure your location and sales time.
Please note the following change in our delivery schedule. Popcorn distribution will be Friday, Sept. 10 at the Scout office, 401 E. 37th St. Long Beach from 9am – 5pm.
Here is the list of stores approved for popcorn storefront sales:
5015 Del Amo Blvd
Lakewood, CA 90712
5951 Del Amo Blvd
Lakewood, CA 90713
6290 Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90803
Smart N Final
15930 Bellflower Blvd
Bellflower, CA 90706
1820 Ximeno Ave
Long Beach 90815
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Register Your Unit to Sell Popcorn
- Trail’s End Website
- Trail’s End App
- Popcorn Kernel Webinar
- All Other Webinars
- Storefront Reservation Guide
- Kernel Guide, PPT, and MORE!
Very helpful information for parents and Scout leaders on selling through Trail’s End. Includes information on selling through the app and its various features.
Products Available to Order:
- Sweet and Savory
- Chocolate Pretzels
- Salted Caramel
- Kettle Corn
- Microwave Butter
- White Cheddar
- Popping Corn
- Caramel Corn
Popcorn Inventory We Currently Have In Stock
|Item||$ each||Cases||Containers||Containers Per Case|
|Sweet & Savory||$40||–||–||1|
Why Sell Popcorn?
POPCORN = PROGRAM! Fund all your program related expenses and activities that you want your Scouts to enjoy this year, through popcorn. Things you can pay for with proceeds from popcorn:
|Yearly Membership Dues||Scout’s Life Magazine||Uniforms, Patches, and Awards||Meeting Supplies & Equipment||Blue & Gold Banquet or Derby|
|Camping Trips||Hikes||Holiday Parties||Pinewood Derby||Much More!|
Saturday, August 7 – Kickoff at the Long Beach Sea Base Friday, August 20 – Unit Storefront Orders Due
- Friday, Sept 10 – Pickup orders at Scout Shop (401 E 37th LB 90807)
- Friday, Sept 10 – Storefront sales begin
- Oct 15 – Unit Take Orders Due
- Nov 5 – Popcorn Pickup
- Dec 3 – Money due
Contact for Help:
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Attend a Trail’s End Webinar
- Register at www.trails-end.com/webinars
- Build Your Plan
- Selling Methods
- Unit Incentives (pie in the face)
- Unit Kickoff
- Invite Scouts to Register
- Hold ‘High Energy’ Unit Kickoff
- Present 2021-2022 Program Plan and Budget
- Parent Buy-In
- Scout Training
- All Scouts Registered on Trail’s End App.
TRAILS END APP
SAVE TIME MANAGING YOUR SALE!
The app for Scouts to track and report real-time storefront, wagon and online sales, accept cash and credit cards, track inventory by Scout and storefront, and schedule Scouts for storefronts.
FREE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
- Powered by Square | Paid by Trail’s End
- Every Scout, every sale will receive free payment processing.
- Square is the leading credit card solution for units.
- Compatible with all Square Readers (not required to take credit cards).
SIMPLER AND SMOOTHER INTERFACE
- NEW and IMPROVED in 2020!
- Storefront and shift management.
- NEW ‘text order/cart’ feature for socially distant payments.
- Scout families can turn in cash payments via credit card.
CREDIT SALES ARE BEST FOR SCOUTS
TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS,”WE PREFER CREDIT/DEBIT”
- Trail’s End pays for all credit card fees!
- Bigger Rewards — Earn 1.5pts per $1 sold in the Trail’s End App
- Safer — Scouts and Popcorn Kernels don’t have to handle cash
- Higher Sales — Customers spent 27% more with credit vs. cash in 2019
- Easier — Parents turn in cash sales with credit/debit payments to their unit
- Hardware — Scouts can accept credit/debit with Square readers or manual entry
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUPS
- CREATED & MANAGED BY POPCORN KERNELS
- Search for:
- TRAILS END POPCORN COMMUNITY
- TRAILS END SCOUT PARENTS
- Get your questions answered and share ideas between unit leaders across the country about the Trail’s End popcorn fundraiser.
- Discover best practices with other unit leaders and learn new popcorn sale ideas.
- Have direct access to Trail’s End when your unit needs support and share ways Trail’s End can serve your fundraising needs better.
TRAIL’S END TEXT MESSAGE RESOURCES
Text the following codes to 62771 to receive a text message link to the corresponding resource
Example: Text WEBINAR to 62771 and you will receive a link to the Trail’s End Webinar Page
- Text Code: WEBINAR Resource: Webinar Landing Page
- Text Code: PARENTFB Resource:Trail’s End Scout Parent’s Facebook Group
- Text Code: REWARDS Resource: Trail’s End Rewards Prize Flyer
- Text Code: ORDERFORM Resource: Take Order Form
- Text Code: MYPLAN Resource: How to Fund Your Scouting while Social Distancing
- Text Code: APPGUIDE Resource:App Quick Start
- Text Code: KERNELGUIDE Resource: Unit Kernel Guide
- Text Code: KICKOFF Resource: Unit Kickoff Guide
Because Trail’s End Popcorn offers your unit one fundraiser with:
- Fund your unit’s program
- Character development
- Awesome Rewards
- Improve our camps and council resources
- More adventures, less time fundraising!
Many Ways Scouts Can Participate
This is the best way to sell to your friends and family who live out of town. You can send emails to your customers asking them to purchase Trail’s End popcorn online. Friends and family can order year-round!
Show & Sell
Your den, pack or troop gets permission to sell in front of a retail store or in the local mall. You set up a display with products for people to purchase as they walk by.
The most traditional way to sell popcorn; going door-to-door with the take order form, which you receive from your leader or council.