Sell Popcorn and Your unit can earn up to 30% commission! Register your unit to sell Register now
Popcorn Kick-Off Presentations:
Popcorn Sales Unit Incentive
Help offset the cost of registration for your Scouts through the popcorn sales unit incentive. Our incentive program was very successful in 2022 and units got credits of more than $6500 toward registration fees. Attain your unit’s Goal and the unit will receive a $25, $50 or $75 credit per
registered youth. The money will be credited into the unit account to reduce the cost of registration.
New Products for 2023!
- Sea Salt Popcorn Snack Pack
- S’Mores Popcorn
- Chocolate Pretzels
- Salted Caramel
- White Cheddar
- Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn
- Microwave Butter
- Popping Corn
Popcorn Schedule for 2023:
- Saturday, August 5 – Popcorn Kick-off & Training @ Sea Base
- Friday, August 18 – Unit Storefront Orders Due
- Friday, Sept 8 – Pickup orders at Coastline Environmental
- Friday, Sept 8 – Storefront sales begin
- Monday, Oct 9 – Returns are due
- Friday, Oct 13 – Unit Take Orders Due
- Friday, Nov 3 – Popcorn Pickup
Friday, Dec 1 – Money due
Pick Up Location: Coastline Environmental
2480 Brayton Ave.
Signal Hill, 90755.
Driving directions here
Contact for more information:
- Contact Victor via email
- Trail’s End Tech Support email here
- JOIN THE LBAC,BSA POPCORN FACEBOOK GROUP – lINK
2023 Planning Materials
Why Sell Popcorn?
POPCORN = PROGRAM! Fund all your program-related expenses and activities you want your Scouts to enjoy this year, through popcorn. Things you can pay for with proceeds from popcorn:
|Yearly Membership Dues||Scout’s Life Magazine||Uniforms, Patches, and Awards||Meeting Supplies & Equipment||Blue & Gold Banquet or Derby|
|Camping Trips||Hikes||Holiday Parties||Pinewood Derby||Much More!|
Here is the list of stores approved for popcorn storefront sales in 2022:
5015 Del Amo Blvd.
Lakewood, CA 90712
5951 Del Amo Blvd.
Lakewood, CA 90713
5949 E. Spring St.
Long Beach, CA 90808
4226 Woodruff Ave.
Lakewood, CA 90713
5500 Woodruff Ave.
Lakewood, Ca. 90713
RESOURCES FOR YOU
- Register Your Unit to Sell Popcorn
- Trail’s End Website
- Trail’s End App
- Popcorn Kernel Webinar
- All Other Webinars
- Storefront Reservation Guide
- Kernel Guide, PPT, and MORE!
Very helpful information for parents and Scout leaders on selling through Trail’s End. Includes information on selling through the app and its various features.
STEPS TO SUCCESS
- Attend a Trail’s End Webinar
- Register at www.trails-end.com/webinars
- Build Your Plan
- Selling Methods
- Unit Incentives (pie in the face)
- Unit Kickoff
- Invite Scouts to Register
- Hold ‘High Energy’ Unit Kickoff
- Present 2022-2023 Program Plan and Budget
- Parent Buy-In
- Scout Training
- All Scouts Registered on Trail’s End App.
TRAILS END APP
SAVE TIME MANAGING YOUR SALE!
The app for Scouts to track and report real-time storefront, wagon and online sales, accept cash and credit cards, track inventory by Scout and storefront, and schedule Scouts for storefronts.
FREE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING
- Powered by Square | Paid by Trail’s End
- Every Scout, every sale will receive free payment processing.
- Square is the leading credit card solution for units.
- Compatible with all Square Readers (not required to take credit cards).
SIMPLER AND SMOOTHER INTERFACE
- NEW and IMPROVED in 2020!
- Storefront and shift management.
- NEW ‘text order/cart’ feature for socially distant payments.
- Scout families can turn in cash payments via credit card.
CREDIT SALES ARE BEST FOR SCOUTS
TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS,”WE PREFER CREDIT/DEBIT”
- Trail’s End pays for all credit card fees!
- Bigger Rewards — Earn 1.5pts per $1 sold in the Trail’s End App
- Safer — Scouts and Popcorn Kernels don’t have to handle cash
- Higher Sales — Customers spent 27% more with credit vs. cash in 2019
- Easier — Parents turn in cash sales with credit/debit payments to their unit
- Hardware — Scouts can accept credit/debit with Square readers or manual entry
FACEBOOK SUPPORT GROUPS
- CREATED & MANAGED BY POPCORN KERNELS
- Search for:
- TRAILS END POPCORN COMMUNITY
- TRAILS END SCOUT PARENTS
- Get your questions answered and share ideas between unit leaders across the country about the Trail’s End popcorn fundraiser.
- Discover best practices with other unit leaders and learn new popcorn sale ideas.
- Have direct access to Trail’s End when your unit needs support and share ways Trail’s End can serve your fundraising needs better.
TRAIL’S END TEXT MESSAGE RESOURCES
Text the following codes to 62771 to receive a text message link to the corresponding resource
Example: Text WEBINAR to 62771 and you will receive a link to the Trail’s End Webinar Page
- Text Code: WEBINAR Resource: Webinar Landing Page
- Text Code: PARENTFB Resource:Trail’s End Scout Parent’s Facebook Group
- Text Code: REWARDS Resource: Trail’s End Rewards Prize Flyer
- Text Code: ORDERFORM Resource: Take Order Form
- Text Code: MYPLAN Resource: How to Fund Your Scouting while Social Distancing
- Text Code: APPGUIDE Resource:App Quick Start
- Text Code: KERNELGUIDE Resource: Unit Kernel Guide
- Text Code: KICKOFF Resource: Unit Kickoff Guide
Because Trail’s End Popcorn offers your unit one fundraiser with:
- Fund your unit’s program
- Character development
- Awesome Rewards
- Improve our camps and council resources
- More adventures, less time fundraising!
Many Ways Scouts Can Participate
This is the best way to sell to your friends and family who live out of town. You can send emails to your customers asking them to purchase Trail’s End popcorn online. Friends and family can order year-round!
Show & Sell
Your den, pack or troop gets permission to sell in front of a retail store or in the local mall. You set up a display with products for people to purchase as they walk by.
The most traditional way to sell popcorn; going door-to-door with the take order form, which you receive from your leader or council.