Every 1 Counts
TO BUILD A STRONGER SCOUTING WE NEED EVERYONE’S HELP
When you join the movement to support Scouting, you join hundreds of other people committed to making Scouting better for all youth.
Every gift – no matter the size – counts.
Help support our efforts to sustain a quality Scouting program.
New donors count. Loyal donors count. Everyone counts – whether you give once or give monthly.
Your gift can go twice as far! Remember many employers will match your donation and give for your volunteer hours. No money out of your pocket!
- Online giving is the safest and most efficient
- Options to give one-time or recurring monthly
- Use any credit card
- Receive automatic receipts and notification via mobile and email
- Send a check via mail to 401 E 37th St Long Beach 90807
- No checkbook with you? Text the word Launch to 41444
- Bring cash to our Scout Office at 401 E 37th Long Beach 90807
- Volunteer your time — submit hours to your employer
- Matching gifts — ask your employer to match your donation
- Shop on Amazon Smile — we get 0.05% when you choose Long Beach Are Council
- Contact Marc Bonner via email or at 562-684-3163
Help us build an adventure for youth!
You can help us fulfill our mission of offering a quality Scouting program to every eligible youth in our community. In fact, you are a very important part of our success. We rely on parent and community support because we receive no national or state funding.
The Friends of Scouting campaign raises funds from people just like you committed to seeing the Scouting program thrive. Parents, family, friends, peers, employers, and companies alike can make tax-deductible gifts to support youth in our community.
The Long Beach Area Council is a 501(c)3 organization recognized by the IRS. We operate on charitable contributions from people like you. We have earned a rare, 4-star charity rating from Charity Navigator, the leading independent non-profit evaluator.
To make an easy donation online, click here (secure site)
Wait, but haven’t I paid my dues already?
Yes — but none of that money stays local. Your membership fee is collected locally but is sent directly to National BSA. They use that for research and development; marketing, training materials, and national high adventure camps.
What about my Pack or Troop dues?
Your Pack or Troop collects dues for their annual expenses too. Things like outings, awards, equipment, activities, food, transportation, and materials. This money stays with the Pack or Troop. So 100% of your dues either go to National BSA or stay in your Pack or Troop. None of that benefits the Long Beach Area Council who provides the opportunity to be a Scout in this area as well as support, activity and training programs.
Among the council’s many important functions are:
- operating summer camps
- handling year-round camping programs
- conducting formal and informal training
- supporting district and council events
- maintaining communications (weekly emails, newsletters, and website)
- recording advancement
- providing unit accident insurance
- processing registration
Just so we are clear, the Long Beach Area Council is member supported.
- no federal funding
- no state funding
- no national BSA funding
- raises 100% of the dollars here in the Long Beach area
- all dollars raised support the youth in our community
So you ask parents to pay everything? Why not ask business or other people for money?
No, parents do not shoulder the entire load. We absolutely ask the community at large for support. The cost to support one scout in the Long Beach Area Council for one year is more than $640 per year. The Council subsidizes a majority of that cost for all Scouts. We ask families to help offset a small portion of the true cost. Fully 87% of the Council budget comes from sources other than donations from families.
Who is the Long Beach Area Council?
The Long Beach Area Council is one of 261 councils (think of franchises) of the Boy Scouts of America independently operated to run Scouting programs in the greater Long Beach area. We serve over 3,100 youth and 1,200 registered adult volunteers like you. We are a 501(c)3 organization in good standing recognized by the IRS. Additionally, we have earned a rare 4-star charity rating from Charity Navigator, the leading independent non-profit evaluator, and have been named to their Top 10 Charities Worth Watching in the United States.
For more information, please contact the Scout Service Center (562) 427-0911.