Friday, November 27, 2020
An annual favorite of Scouts, parents, and siblings alike. The purpose of the Ten Commandment Hike is to provide an opportunity for young scouts to live their faith, while learning how the Ten Commandments play an important part in their lives and serve as a foundation in living their faith. This event rotates to different parts of our community each year, taking place the Friday following Thanksgiving. Join us as we discover the strength in our local faith community.
Starting Point: Wardlow Park (3457 Stanbridge Ave, Long Beach, CA 90808)
- The event will be Friday, November 27th between 8am and 5pm. You can start anytime after 8:00am but you will need to finish by 5:00pm.
- A map will be sent to you to guide you from station to station.
- At each station along the hike, you will find an event poster and scan a QR code to watch a video of a religious leader speaking about one of the 10 commandments and their faith. Each speaker will be introduced by one of our local scout units including opening and closing flag ceremonies!
- Approx. time to complete the hike: 3-5 hours
- Bring: Class A uniform, plenty of water, hand sanitizer, a mask, lunch or snack, and a phone or tablet with internet connection to watch the videos and look at the map.
- Hike with your family or groups of 10 or less following current guidelines.
- Cost: $5 per person (comes with commemorative patch)
- More details will be sent to you via email when the event is closer.
For more information, please contact Michael Calkin.