Local High Adventure
Check out the many opportunities for high adventure for your Cub Scout Pack or Boy Scout Troop around town:
National High Adventure
Looking for an extreme adventure far away from home? Look no further than FOUR high adventure bases offered by the Boy Scouts of America. Click below for more information on these stellar camping and outdoor opportunities.
Long Beach Area Council Contingent 2020!
June 20 – July 5, 2020
- 12 day expedition
- Approximate fee of $1,400
- Two crews of 12
- Scouts need to be 14 years or 13 and completed 8th grade by June 20, 2020
- $100 deposits starting December 2018
- Contact Steve Haas for more info
- Philmont Scout Ranch – New Mexico
More than 1 million Scouts, Venturers, and leaders have experienced the adventure of Philmont since the first camping season in 1939.
For phenomenal outdoor experiences and specialty treks listed below, click here.
- Roving Outdoor Conservation School
- Trail Crew Trek
- Order of the Arrow Trail Crew
- Ranch Hands
- Mountain Trek
- Bahamas Tall Ship Adventure
- Out Island Adventure
- Sea Exploring (Keys Tall Ship)
- Coral Reef Sailing
Crews paddle in almost 6 million acres of canoe-access only wilderness from Minnesota to Manitoba. Trips range in length from 6-14 days.
- World Jamboree 2019