What is the WEST Fair?
We would like to give your family a first hand look at what Boy Scouting is all about! The Webelos to Scout Transition Fair will give you a preview of 15 different Troops in our community. This is a great way to visit with Scouts and parents from other troops. Also a good way to find the best fit for you and your Webelos Scout.
Webelos Open House
Date: Thursday, September 12
(Boy Scout Troops set up at 6:30pm)
Location: Long Beach Stake Center
3701 Elm Ave LB 90807
Right across the street from the Scout Shop!
Event questions? Email Marc Bonner
List of Troops attending:
|Troop #||# of Scouts||Location||Scoutmaster|
|Troop 14||27||Belmont Heights United Methodist Church||Christopher Errecart|
|Troop 29||18||Bixby Knolls Christian Church||Robert McClure|
||19||St. Barnabas||Juan Carpio|
||68||Lakewood Village Community Church||Tom Soto|
||36||St. Cyprian||Jonathan Kennelly|
|Troop 74||55||Los Altos United Methodist||Greg Benedict|
|Troop 75||42||Bethany Lutheran||Matt Warner|
|Troop 117||8||St. Gregory’s Episcopal||Todd Saunders|
||101||St. Joseph’s||Brian Moskovitz|
||24||Los Altos United Church of Christ||Carl Ekstrom|
|Troop 134||49||Arbor Road Church||Mat Talag|
|Troop 140||21||St. Timothy Lutheran||Wil Huiza|
||46||Grace First Presbyterian||John Douglas|
|Troop 224||23||St. Maria Goretti||Greg Gath|
|Troop 247||24||St. Pancratius Church||Robin Glaser|
|Troop 371||14||St. Dominic Savio||Patti Tellez|
|Troop 613||7||Temple Beth Shalom||Tova Gottesman|
|Troop 1776||7||St. Bernard||Abelino Flores|
Adventure and excitement ahead
Trust us, the fun is only beginning. Joining the Boy Scouts after Webelos is a whole new game!
The first part of the evening will be a discussion on how to choose a troop;
1. What are the things that you should be looking for when selecting a troop
2. How does the Boy Scout program differ from Cub Scouting
3. How do I, the parent, get involved
The second part of the evening will be a Troop display where you can;
1. See the Troops of Long Beach Area Council who are looking for Webelos to join their unit.
2. The Boy Scouts and Scout Leaders will set up a 10×10 booth with informational handouts about their troop
3. Leaders and youth will answer your questions
4. They will have dates that you can come visit the troop along with a troop calendar so you know what your Webelos will have an opportunity to do in the unit.
Why should I go?
As you look back at all the exciting times your family has had thus far we hope that you and your son are looking forward to the next adventure in Boy Scouting.
The Boy Scout Program is for youth 11 – 18 years old that are looking for adventure, leadership opportunities, and hands on learning. This program is focused on helping young boys turn into amazing young men with the use of the outdoors and merit badge programs.