What can Scouts do under current regulations?
We will keep the chart updated regularly as state and county regulations change. Like you, we want youth to be able to gather again, to see their friends, and to continue Scouting outdoors safely.
Matrix last updated: April 22, 2021
|Location/Activity||Today (ORANGE TIER)||Coming Soon (YELLOW TIER)|
|Den or Patrol Meetings||Can meet Indoors at 25% capacity of facility. Still with PPE and distancing||Can meet Indoors at 50% capacity of facility. Still with PPE and distancing|
|Pack or Troop Meetings||Can meet Indoors at 25% capacity of facility. Still with PPE and distancing||Can meet Indoors at 50% capacity of facility. Still with PPE and distancing|
NOTE: Reservations Required
|Open for over night camping at 25% capacity using cohort model||Open for over night camping at 50% capacity using cohort model|
|Long Beach Sea Base|
NOTE: Reservations Required
|Allow for inside activities at 50% capacity||Open 100% but still with PPE and social distancing protocols|
|Long Beach Scout Shop||Open Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm. Visitors must wear a mask. Curbside pickup also available.||Open Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm. Visitors must wear a mask. Curbside pickup also available.|
|Scout Office||Open at 25% capacity||Open with modifications|
Things to keep to mind:
- In most cases, we are governed by different jurisdictions than surrounding councils
- Follow the BSA “Restart Scouting Checklist“
- Remember – Not everyone in your unit has the same level of comfort when it comes to activities
- Tips to reduce chances of an outbreak
a. Everyone wears a mask
b. Stay 6′ apart or 8′ apart during physical exertion
c. Do activities outside whenever possible.
d. If you don’t feel well, stay home
- This matrix represents what we are anticipate for each tier and could change as we get more guidance.
- You are governed by the rules of where your activity is taking place
COVID-19 Updates for Scouting Events and Activities
- LA County Youth Sports Protocols – Applies to Scouting
- City of Long Beach update [8/25/2020] – Scouts CAN Meet
- Program Activities Aug-Dec 2020
- National Guidance on Advancement & Outings
Posted 1/25/2021 1:00pm
CALIFORNIA STATE “STAY AT HOME” ORDER ROLLED BACK
Yesterday, Governor Newsom rolled back the State’s “Safer at Home” order. We are no longer under regional guidelines, but we ARE subject to county and city health regulations and we are still in the most restrictive “purple” tier.
What does this mean for Scouting in our council?
This State’s announcement means units CAN meet outdoors under Youth Sports Protocols. This effectively means we can operate as we were back in November 2020 prior to the stay at home order: groups of 15 people or fewer, outdoors, distanced, wearing masks, and several other precautions.
The Long Beach Sea Base can operate under Day Camp rules, but Camp Tahquitz remains closed.
To read the Youth Sports Protocols from 2020, click here.
Posted 7/30/2020 8:00pm
HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR SCOUTS BSA and CUB LEADERS
- LBAC Pack Meeting Guidelines
- LBAC Troop Meeting Guidelines
- LBAC Scout Outings Guidelines
- BSA Pre-screening Checklist
- BSA Restart Scouting Checklist
Update: 3/20/2020 4:45 pm
We have clarification on many advancement-related questions. Click the blue link below.
- Can advancements be tracked remotely? Yes.
- Can parents sign off on requirements? Yes.
- Can Cub advancements be done through the summer? Yes.
- Can merit badges be modified? No.
- Can merit badges be done via teleconference? Yes.
- Are there extensions for Eagle? Yes.
- READ THIS: Advancement Info During COVID-19
Update: 3/18/2020 12:30 pm
SCOUTING FROM HOME
Below are some helpful and pretty cool resources to help you and your Scouts complete some requirements from home.