What are current COVID regulations?
July 17, 2021
City of Long Beach Issues a New Health Order
“This order reinstates masking indoors in public settings and businesses, regardless of vaccination status, in an effort to slow the increasing trends in and level of transmission of COVID-19 currently being seen in City of Long Beach.”
Below are links to various health departments’ guidance on mask mandates and more.
LA County Department of Public Health
Last updated: July 28, 2021
Things to keep to mind:
- In most cases, we are governed by different jurisdictions than surrounding councils
- Follow the BSA “Restart Scouting Checklist” and Transportation Guidelines
- Remember – Not everyone in your unit has the same level of comfort when it comes to activities
- Tips to reduce chances of an outbreak
a. Everyone wears a mask
b. Stay 6′ apart or 8′ apart during physical exertion
c. Do activities outside whenever possible.
d. If you don’t feel well, stay home
- This matrix represents what we are anticipate for each tier and could change as we get more guidance.
- You are governed by the rules of where your activity is taking place
COVID-19 Updates for Scouting Events and Activities
- City of Long Beach update [5/6/2021] – Scouts CAN Meet
- LA County Youth Sports Protocols – Applies to Scouting
- Program Activities Aug-Dec 2020
- National Guidance on Advancement & Outings
Posted 1/25/2021 1:00pm
CALIFORNIA STATE “STAY AT HOME” ORDER ROLLED BACK
Yesterday, Governor Newsom rolled back the State’s “Safer at Home” order. We are no longer under regional guidelines, but we ARE subject to county and city health regulations and we are still in the most restrictive “purple” tier.
What does this mean for Scouting in our council?
This State’s announcement means units CAN meet outdoors under Youth Sports Protocols. This effectively means we can operate as we were back in November 2020 prior to the stay at home order: groups of 15 people or fewer, outdoors, distanced, wearing masks, and several other precautions.
The Long Beach Sea Base can operate under Day Camp rules, but Camp Tahquitz remains closed.
To read the Youth Sports Protocols from 2020, click here.
Posted 7/30/2020 8:00pm
HELPFUL RESOURCES FOR SCOUTS BSA and CUB LEADERS
- LBAC Pack Meeting Guidelines
- LBAC Troop Meeting Guidelines
- LBAC Scout Outings Guidelines
- BSA Pre-screening Checklist
- BSA Restart Scouting Checklist
Update: 3/20/2020 4:45 pm
We have clarification on many advancement-related questions. Click the blue link below.
- Can advancements be tracked remotely? Yes.
- Can parents sign off on requirements? Yes.
- Can Cub advancements be done through the summer? Yes.
- Can merit badges be modified? No.
- Can merit badges be done via teleconference? Yes.
- Are there extensions for Eagle? Yes.
- READ THIS: Advancement Info During COVID-19
Update: 3/18/2020 12:30 pm
SCOUTING FROM HOME
Below are some helpful and pretty cool resources to help you and your Scouts complete some requirements from home.