Info To Renew for 2022
WHOLE NEW SYSTEM for this year.
The renewal system will be available beginning Friday, October 15. Processors must be one of the registered key 3, or a key 3 delegate, or COR delegate for the unit. They will log in to https://advancements.scouting.org/login using their personal my.scouting credentials. The manual, FAQs and video are located at https://www.scouting.org/resources/internet-rechartering/.
The annual charter agreement (or MOU for Exploring) is not part of the online process, but it will need to be submitted.
HEADS UP ON PAYMENTS:
If you pay online and receive no warnings or attachments needed, your unit will post automatically with no further review. This means Sandy will not be able to correct any overpayments, and National will not issue refunds.
If you choose to pay at the Long Beach Scout Shop, Sandy will have the opportunity to review for completion status in order to ensure accuracy of payments. We strongly recommend this option. Begin your renewal online, submit it online, but your best option is to pay in person.
Membership Fees 2022
Announced on June 24: new membership fees for 2022. Below are the increases outlined and some reminders. Be sure to check the calculator below to figure your amounts due.
|Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, Venturing, Sea Scouts||All registered adult volunteers in unit and non-unit positions. (Multiple registrations will continue to pay for only one position.)||Exploring participants ages 10-20|
|New Member Fee||$25 flat fee, one time|
|Unit Charter Fee||$75 per unit|
Notes to keep in mind:
- Cost of doing business has increased significantly
- Insurance and mandated wage increases have skyrocketed
- Costs are increasing all around us
- Income and charitable giving has decreased significantly
- All neighboring councils charge similar fees
- Scouting is a year-round, 12-month program
- We have cut expenses to a barebones level
- Yet we have maintained core services and programs throughout
MEMBERSHIP FEE CALCULATOR
- Charter Agreement
- Charter Agreement: Council Unit
- Youth Application
- Adult Application
- Renewal Handbook
- Journey to Excellence Award Score Sheets
- Annual MOU (Exploring only)
- Exploring Adult Application
- Exploring Youth Application
Important Dates & Deadlines:
- Please Note: All charters must be submitted no later than Tuesday, November 30. This is necessary to allow enough time for your charter to be processed prior to its expiration on December 31st.
The Long Beach Area Council requires current Youth Protection Training (YPT) for all adults.