Saturday, May 15
Registration is open! On May 15, you’ll be exploring our Port area, including big bells, old forts, tide pools, ships, and trains! But of course, it will start with a donut!
Travel as a family and enjoy a day outdoors at points of interest.
Start Time: on your own anytime after 8am
End: Scout Shop parking lot anytime from 2-4pm at 401 E 37th St LB 90807.
Cost: $10 gets you an interactive map to follow, patch, prizes, and a bag full of saltwater taffy!
Share on Social Media
Tag us on your social media using @longbeachbsa on Facebook and Instagram and using tags (copy and paste): #LBACadventure #FamilyAdventureDay #LongBeachAreaCouncil
List of Locations 2021
- Tall Ships
- Ghost Fish
- S. S. Lane Victory ship tour
- “Trains, Trains, Trains!”
- Candy Store
- Fire Museum
- Tide Pools (Cabrillo & other spots)
- Korean Friendship Bell
- LA Maritime Institute
- Point Fermin Lighthouse
- Point Fermin Park
- Bridge — new bridge between Long Beach and Terminal Island
- Bridge — Vincent Thomas between Terminal Island and San Pedro
- Palo Verde overlook along Gaffey Street (~24th street and above)
- Wayfarer’s Chapel
Of course, it will start with a donut!
* Family Adventure Day has activities appropriate for ALL levels of Scouting: Cubs, Scouts BSA, and Venturing. It is not just for Cub Scouts.
* Please wear your uniform and show our community that Scouting is still active and having fun.
* There are no activity boxes to be picked up. You leave from home and chart your own course- going where you want to go, seeing what you want to see, doing what you want to do. We have provided your family with curated choices coming soon.
Questions: contact Bob Colley via email.
Here’s what parents had to say:
“Spent the day Saturday scouting again! We explored our city, saw some new places, found some geocaches and spent time outdoors with some family and friends.”
“Had a fun afternoon with the family participating in the Scout Family Adventure Day. We visited lots of places in and around Long Beach. Great way to get outside.”
“Today’s Scouts BSA fun. LBAC Family Adventure Day 2020. Spent the day with these kiddos learning more about our surrounding communities, sight seeing and just hanging out. They both received an Adventure Day patch, S’mores kit, and 10 opportunity drawing chances since we visited 10 of the 14 stops.”
“I really love how the Long Beach Area Council Boy Scouts have helped to adapt scouting during the pandemic. Today was #FamilyAdventureDay. Thank you to all who helped plan the stops and reserve the time for the scouts and their families. At every stop we saw Cubs and scouting families smiling and learning and enjoying the day together while exploring places within our council boundaries. The patch design is on point too. Our little family has been needing a day like today to regroup and just be together.”