Be sure to click through our photo album! Do you have any photos to share? Email Marc.
Thank you for participating!
Nearly 150 families (400 people) participated in this adventure!
Questions: contact Bob Colley via email.
Share on Social Media:
Share your adventure photos on Facebook and Instagram using (copy and paste): @longbeachbsa #LBACadventure #familyadventureday #longbeachareacouncil
Here’s what parents had to say:
“Spent the day Saturday scouting again! We explored our city, saw some new places, found some geocaches and spent time outdoors with some family and friends.”
“Had a fun afternoon with the family participating in the Scout Family Adventure Day. We visited lots of places in and around Long Beach. Great way to get outside.”
“Today’s Scouts BSA fun. LBAC Family Adventure Day 2020. Spent the day with these kiddos learning more about our surrounding communities, sight seeing and just hanging out. They both received an Adventure Day patch, S’mores kit, and 10 opportunity drawing chances since we visited 10 of the 14 stops.”
“I really love how the Long Beach Area Council Boy Scouts have helped to adapt scouting during the pandemic. Today was #FamilyAdventureDay. Thank you to all who helped plan the stops and reserve the time for the scouts and their families. At every stop we saw Cubs and scouting families smiling and learning and enjoying the day together while exploring places within our council boundaries. The patch design is on point too. Our little family has been needing a day like today to regroup and just be together.”
How does this work? FAQ
* Family Adventure Day has activities appropriate for ALL levels of Scouting: Cubs, Scouts BSA, and Venturing. It is not just for Cub Scouts.
* Please wear your uniform and show our community that Scouting is still active and having fun.
* There are no activity boxes to be picked up and you do not need to go to the Scout Service Center or Bethany Lutheran Church prior to starting your day. You leave from home and chart your own course- going where you want to go, seeing what you want to see, doing what you want to do. We have provided your family with 14 curated choices.
* Friends, Girl Scouts, neighbors, and siblings are all welcome to come along. Patches are limited to paid registrations.
* Dens or Patrols- group size limited to 10 with no carpooling. But you could potentially form a Den or Patrol after you reach a given stop, following all safety precautions in place such as social distancing or wearing masks.
* Ice Cream mentioned at Hill Top Park is based on an ice cream truck that is usually parked nearby and will have a cost.
* Come by Bethany Lutheran Church (4644 Clark Ave LB 90808) between 2 – 5pm to register for prizes, receive a patch, and make some Smores. Firepits and Smores will be provided.
* Interactive Activity Map is linked above. Click on an icon to pull down information, afterwards click on the picture to view a video tour of the location.
1. Airplane Park– Lakewood (geocache)
2. Alamitos Well #1 – Signal Hill
3. Bethany Lutheran Church– Long Beach
4. Blacksmith Corner– Bellflower (scavenger hunt)
5. Breakers Hotel/Cooper Arms/Villa Riviera– Long Beach (Long Beach Art & History Tour)
6. Donut Shops– 7th & PCH, Carson & Cherry, L.B. Blvd & Roosevelt
7. Hilltop Park– Signal Hill (hike)
8. Lakewood Trail (hike)
9. Lions Gate Lighthouse– Long Beach (short hike and geocache)
10. Loof’s Lite-A-Line: Long Beach (original Pike attraction- historical displays)
11. Nature Center– Long Beach (short hike and geocache)
12. Rancho Los Alamitos – Long Beach (tour)
13. Red Line, original– Bellflower, Long Beach, Seal Beach (short hike and geocache)
14. Willow Springs Park– Long Beach (short hike and geocache)