Summer Camp 2023!
We are very excited and looking forward to summer camp 2023 at Tahquitz! Online reservations will be available beginning October 1st. You can easily access registration here.
2023 SCOUTS BSA RESIDENT CAMP DATE
|Session 1||Session 2||Session 3||Session 4|
|July 9- July 15||July 16- July 22||July 23-July 29||July 29-Aug 5|
2023 SCOUTS BSA RESIDENT CAMP PRICING
|Tahquitz Pricing 2023* Youth Adult||Youth||Adult|
|In Council||Out of Council||In Council||Out of Council|
|Patrol Dining (cook in campsite)||$ 430||$ 445||$ 280||$ 295|
|Commissary Dining||$ 475||$ 490||$ 325||$ 345|
*We reserve the right to adjust pricing prior to event if economic conditions dictate
*Registrations made after 5/1/2023 will incur a $10 per person increase in above pricing
*Troops that register for camp within two weeks of requested camp session will have a late surcharge of $15.00 per person.
41700 State Hwy 38
Angelus Oaks, CA 92305
2023 PAYMENT SCHEDULE
|Payment Schedule||Date||Amount Due|
|Deposit**||October 1 — December 31||$200 per Troop|
|First Payment||February 1||$190 per Scout|
|Second payment||April 1||$190 per Scout|
|Third payment||June 1||Balance due|
PLEASE NOTE THAT LATE PAYMENTS WILL INCUR A LATE CHARGE.
**During the deposit period, a troop may reserve a place at camp for a particular week. Beginning January 1st troops should start registering individual Scouts through our online registration system.
2023 Merit Badges
*Merit badges are subject to change
|Climbing Center||Craft Lodge||Lake||Nature Center|
|Search & Rescue||Wood Carving||Mammal Studies|
|Outdoor Skills||Pool||Shooting Sports||Wrangler|
|First Aid||Swimming||Rifle||Animal Science|
(designed for Scouts to work independently, utilizing opportunities at the camp and staff)
|Outdoor Adventure||What’s Cooking||Animals||Sky Above|
|Backpacking||Cooking||Fish & Wildlife||Space Exploration|
|Powering our Lives||Earth Below, Sky Above||Additional|
|Energy||Soil & Water||Chess|
Recap of Summer Camp 2022:
Welcome to Camp Tahquitz!
We understand the importance of planning, and we at Tahquitz would like to help you. This guidebook is a great place to start, as it will give you all the information that you will want to prepare for your week at Tahquitz.
A week at camp can be a fun and exciting adventure for your entire troop. However, it will take some time and effort to prepare your troop to get the most out of their week at Tahquitz. Because different individuals in your troop will be helping get the troop ready, instead of a single guide we have prepared 8 separate sections. This way you can print out a specific section for each person who is helping you prepare. We have also placed PDF versions on CampMaster for your use to download and print.
Although we have tried to anticipate every question that you might have, there is bound to be something that we forgot. In that case, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Camp Tahquitz Leader’s Guide
THIS SECTION IS CURRENTLY UNDER REVIEW FOR 2023
|About Tahquitz (AT)||Basic overview of camp||3/25/2022|
|Food Service (FS)||Jamboree or Commissary||3/25/2022|
|Getting Ready (GR)||Equipment, gear, and travel||3/25/2022|
|Program Description (PD)||Activities at camp||4/30/2022|
|Advancement Program (AD)||Challenging opportunities||4/30/2022|
|Parent Guide (PG)||Everything for parents||4/30/2022|
- If a scout is unable to attend camp, we can refund all but $25 for requests made prior to June 1.
- After June 1, we will refund all but $100 for any scout who cannot attend due to verified injury or illnesses as documented by a medical doctor, a death in the family, or relocation of the family outside of the area. Requests for refunds after June 1 must be directed to the Tahquitz Director.
- We are unable to honor refunds for any fees once the troop arrives at camp, or if a scout or leader leaves camp before the week has ended.
- We will provide a full refund if the council must cancel the camp program due to outside circumstances.
Check out these cool videos:
- Episode 1: Tahquitz Chase
- Episode 2: Aquatics
- Episode 3: Sleep on the Wire
- Episode 4: Service Projects
- Episode 5: Campfire
- The Adventures of Ranger Rick
Trading Post Camp Store
Welcome to our camp store! Camp Tahquitz has a complete Trading Post. Located in the historic Barton Flats store — a 100 year old cabin in the center of camp — the store is stocked with many items, including:
- Leather and wood carving kits for Merit Badge courses or just for fun
- Snacks, candy and beverages
- Merit Badge books
- Apparel such as fleece jackets, vests, polo shirts, souvenir shirts and socks
- Patches, patches and more patches.
- Sundries which include, lip balm, sun screen, chapstick tooth paste etc
“The boys said it was EPIC.” – Scoutmaster
“The wranglers are great! We’d like to do another overnighter!” – Scout leader
“Our Troop enjoyed camp here immensely!” – Scoutmaster
“Excellent!!! Outstanding!!! Loved It!!!” – comments on Food Service
“Lots of yummy goodies for kids to choose from” – comments on Trading Post
“We love camping here. Our Scouts had a wonderful experience.” – Scout leader
“Camp Tahquitz is the GREATEST camp. I will always be here.” – Scout parent