Unit Kayaking and Canoeing
Choose from either the 9am-noon or the 1-4pm session on Saturday or Sunday. Enjoy up to 3 hours kayaking and/or canoeing for $15 per participant ($150 minimum). Maximum 48 participants per session. One certified lifeguard is required for every group of 16 (ie. 1-16 participants = 1lifeguard, 17-32 participants = 2 lifeguards, etc.) If you do not have access to certified lifeguards, a list of available lifeguards for hire can be provided upon request.
Want to book or have questions? contact Chris Macy
What else can we do?
- Take a hike beginning at the Sea Base
- Go for a bike ride around the bay and beachfront
- Host a Meeting or gathering
- Use the adjacent grass “bowl” area or park to teach Scout Skills
- Coordinate with a Sea Scout Ship to do a joint outing
- Run an aquatics Merit Badge (must bring Counselor)
Click for current weather at the Sea Base
The Long Beach Sea Base is one of the premier waterfront Scouting facilities in the country. It is located at 5875 E. Appian Way in beautiful Belmont Shore, under the 2nd St Bridge. All activities are conducted within the confines of the Sea Base and Alamitos Bay Marina. Any group wishing to go outside of the marina must make separate arrangements well in advance.
For more information on any of these programs, including availability and further instructions
email or call Chris Macy 562-344-1589