03/12/2021 – Per the City of Long Beach new Health Order, Scouts can meet. The City recommends, when possible, meeting outdoors in cohorts, masked, distanced, and taking appropriate precautions. In addition, the Sea Base can operate under Day Camp regulations.
Unit Kayaking and Canoeing
Choose from either the 9am-noon or the 1-4pm session on Saturday or Sunday. Enjoy up to 3 hours kayaking and canoeing for $150 flat rate. Maximum 16 people plus one certified lifeguard.
If…your party is larger than 16 please contact Chris Macy
What else can we do?
- Take a hike beginning at the Sea Base
- Go for a bike ride around the bay and beachfront
- Host a Meeting or gathering
- Use the adjacent grass “bowl” area or park to teach Scout Skills
- Coordinate with a Sea Scout Ship to do a joint outing
- Run an aquatics Merit Badge (must bring Counselor)
The Long Beach Sea Base is one of the premier waterfront Scouting facilities in the country. It is located at 5875 E. Appian Way in beautiful Belmont Shore, under the 2nd St Bridge. All activities are conducted within the confines of the Sea Base and Alamitos Bay Marina. Any group wishing to go outside of the marina must make separate arrangements well in advance.
For more information on any of these programs, including availability and further instructions
email or call Chris Macy 562-344-1589