01/25/2021 – Per the City of Long Beach new Health Order, Scouts CAN meet outdoors again with groups of 15 or fewer, masked, distanced, and taking appropriate precautions. The Sea Base can operate under Day Camp regulations. We also have these virtual opportunities for you:
Cub scout Virtual den Meetings – Come earn your next Cub Scout rank
Winter Merit Badge Days – Assorted badges offered at the LB Sea Base through March:
- Disabilities Awareness Merit Badge $10 (virtual) – Wed Feb 17 & 24 from 6:30-8pm via Zoom SOLD OUT!!!
- Oceanography Merit Badge $40 (virtual) – Wed Feb 17 & 24 from 4:30-5:45pm via Zoom – SOLD OUT!!!
- Engineering Merit Badge $25 (virtual) – Wed Jan 13th, 20th & 27th 7pm-9pm via Zoom – SOLD OUT!!!
- Aviation Merit Badge $25 – Thurs Dec 3rd & 10th 7pm-8:30 via Zoom & Sat Dec 12th 10am-12noon @ LB Sea Base for the model test flights – SOLD OUT!!!
- Welding Merit Badge $40 – Sat. Nov 21st & Dec 5th 10am-3pm – SOLD OUT!!!
Additional Merit Badges Coming Soon! – keep checking back, these are selling out quickly!!!
Sea Base Camps – Spring Aquatics Camp: April 5-9 – Registration is Live!
The Long Beach Sea Base sits in a beautiful corner of one of seven Long Beach marinas just a few blocks from 2nd St and Pacific Coast Highway. Click for current weather at the Sea Base
Location: 5875 E. Appian Way, Long Beach, CA 90803
(near Mother’s Beach, under the 2nd St Bridge)
2021 Activity Dates
December 28-30, 2020: Winter Tech Camp
Nov – March: Winter Merit Badge Days
April 5-9: Spring Aquatics Camp
Begins June 21: Summer Aquatics Camp
Follow us on:
Features & Amenities
- Meeting rooms overlooking Alamitos Bay (tables and chairs included)
- Fully equipped upstairs galley (shared use, non-exclusive)
- Crew’s Mess dining hall
- Separate men’s and women’s restrooms on each floor
- Electronic wheelchair lift for accessibility
- Waterfront patio with firepit
- Private beachfront
- Paddlecraft, sailing and power vessels
Facility Usage Fees (per hour)
|Room||Capacity||In Council||Out of Council/|
Not for Profit
|Ready Room w/ AV||42||$35||$45||$100|
|Ready Room B||42||$25||$30||$100|
|Patio w/ firepit||40||$15||$20||$100|
Rowing, canoeing, kayaking, stand up paddleboarding, free swim rates – Info here
Vessel charters, both sail and power – Contact Chris Macy – Sea Base Director
- Subject to availability
- Call for long-term usage rates
- No pets, smoking, or alcohol allowed
- Deposit is for damage and cleaning and is fully refundable
- Exceptions may be made by Sea Base Director or Scout Executive
Types of Use
The base is open to Scouting groups and pre-approved not-for-profit organizations.
- Den meetings
- Pack meetings
- Troop meetings
- Crew meetings
- Leader meetings
- Courts of Honor
- Blue & Gold
- summer BBQs
- beach activities
- movie nights
- other non-profit organization events
Chris Macy, Sea Base Director