Eagle Scout PROJECT Boards of Review
To schedule your Eagle Scout project review, please begin by contacting Eagle Advancement coordinator Matt Warner via email.
Eagle Scout FINAL Board of Review
To schedule your Eagle Scout board of review, please contact Sandy Van Wyk at the Long Beach Scout Office at 562-427-0911 or email Sandy.
Eagle Scout Stats
Nationally, 6.49% of all Boy Scouts earned the Eagle Scout rank
Since 1912 more than 2,485,473 young people have earned the Eagle Scout rank
|2019||76||61,353||17 y 109 d|
|2018||75||52,160||17 y 116 d|
|2017||68||55,494||17 y 76 d|
|2016||61||55,186||17 y 127 d|
|2015||86||54,366||17 y 124 d|
|2014||79||51,820||17 y 113 d|
|2013||63||56,841||17 y 87 d|
|2012||57||58,659||17 y 84 d|
|2011||56||51,933||17 y 116 d|
Eagle Scout Candidate Recommendation
Scouts BSA Eagle Extension Form
Honor Your Eagle Scout as a James E. West Fellow
National Eagle Scout Association page here
Recent History of Eagles
We are proud of our rich history of Eagle Scouts here in the Long Beach Area Council. Click the years below to find a list of Eagle Scouts from that year.
Eagle Scout is the highest rank a Scout age 11-17 can achieve.
Read helpful steps on your Trail to Eagle below..
Independent Research Study
Templeton Foundation and Baylor University on the Value of Scouting
Eagle Scout Rank Requirements
To earn the rank, a Scout must:
- Progress through the ranks in the following order:
- Earn 21 merit badges, including:
- First Aid
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Citizenship in the World
- Personal Fitness
- Emergency Preparedness OR Lifesaving
- Environmental Science OR Sustainability
- Personal Management
- Cycling OR Hiking OR Swimming
- Family Life
- Serve six months in a troop leadership position.
- Plan, develop, and give leadership to a service project for any religious organization or any school or community.
- Take part in a Scoutmaster conference.
- Successfully complete an Eagle Scout board of review.
Boy Scouts with disabilities may qualify for the Eagle Scout rank by fulfilling alternative requirements as determined by their council.